Quitman Library Connections
You may have heard that the Quitman Public Library building was temporarily closed on Monday, March 16 and will remain as such until mandates are lifted.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions the library staff has received:
• How long will the library be closed? The library will be closed until the most current mandate is lifted.
• What will happen to library programs? All library programs are suspended until further notice. Friends of the Library will reconvene in September as will QPL Story Time. Summer Reading and Summer Lunch for Kids has been planned to begin in June, but that is subject to being postponed.
• I have materials checked out or that need renewing. Some are overdue, so what should I do? Please return your materials when they are due by leaving them in the book drop near the east entrance or just hang on to them and consider them renewed. All overdue fines will be waived.
• How can I read the next bestseller? Although physical materials cannot be checked out right now, there are alternatives. Now may be the perfect time to explore digital materials if you have a computer, tablet, phone or reading device using OverDrive, Libby and TexShare Databases. Call the library if you need help.
• What about Wi-fi and e-services? Wi-fi is available 24/7 for patrons and can be accessed from the front parking area.
• How can I get a library card? Call the library. We can renew or assign you a temporary card number over the phone.
• Is the library staff OK? Yes, we are doing just fine. The staff will be busy cleaning and disinfecting the entire building and books. We also have some other projects to work on as well.