Quitman Library Connections
The Quitman Public Library building was temporarily closed on Monday, March 16 and will remain as such until mandates are lifted.
Here are answers to some of your questions:
• How long will the library be closed? The library will be closed until the most current mandate is lifted.
• I have materials checked out or that need renewing. What about fines? Please return your materials when they are due by leaving them in the book drop at the east entrance or just hang on to them and consider them renewed. All overdue fines will be waived.
• What about library programs? All library programs are suspended until further notice. Friends of the Library and QPL Story Time hope to reconvene in September. Summer Reading and Summer Lunch for Kids are subject to being postponed.
• What about Wifi and e-services? Wifi is available 24/7 for patrons and can be best accessed from the front parking area. Call 903-763-4191 during business hours if you need the password.
• How can I get a library card? Call the library. We can renew or assign you a temporary card number over the phone.
• How can I read the next bestseller? Although physical materials cannot be checked out right now, there are alternatives. Now may be the perfect time to explore digital materials if you have a computer, tablet, phone or reading device using OverDrive, Libby, and TexShare Databases. Call the library if you need help.
• What if I have an urgent need for copies, faxing, printing, legal or tax forms? Call the library during business hours 903-763-4191 and we will do our best to help you.
• Is the library staff OK? Yes, we are doing just fine. The staff will be busy cleaning and disinfecting the entire building and books. We also have other projects and renovations we are working on as well.
Contact the library by phone at 903-763-4191, fax 903-763-2532, text 903-952-8305 or by email at email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible. Check out the library’s Facebook and our website at quitmanlibrary.org to keep up to date.