• The Lake Fork Area Chamber of Commerce will host Meet The Sheriff-Elect, Tom Castloo, Thursday at The Trophy Lodge at Lake Fork on Highway 154 on Lake Fork (6 miles North of the Courthouse) from 6 to 8 pm.
• The St. Peter’s Ladies Guild is hosting their Fall Rummage Sale Thursday and Friday in the church hall of St. Peter the Apostle Church in Mineola. The sale is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In Wood County football this week Mineola hosts Commerce, Alba-Golden travels to Edgewood, Hawkins visits Big Sandy, Quitman hosts Grand Saline and Winnsboro is on a bye week.
• The Mineola Lions Club will sponsor its annual “all you can eat” Pancake Breakfast on Saturday from 7-10:30 a.m. at the First Christian Church Fellowship Hall. Cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children 11 years of age or younger.
• Mineola’s “Iron Horse” festival is Saturday in downtown Mineola. Admission is free and hours for the festival are 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• The Alba Fall Fest and Halloween on the Square is Saturday from 3-8 p.m. There are several activities for the annual event including a 5K run and chili cook-off.
• The Haunting of Hogg Park will be held at the Quitman Arboretum on Halloween. There will be age appropriate activities for all. Events begin at 5:30 p.m. and continue on until 8.
• There will be a special midnight screening of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Saturday at the Lake Country Playhouse in Mineola. The film is rated R so no one less than the age of 17 will be admitted without an adult. Admission is $15 and doors open at 11:15 p.m.
• There will be trick or treat event on Halloween at the Hawkins City Park. Admission will be one canned food item and Brookshire’s will donate food so that no child will be turned away.
• Mineola’s “Trunk or Treat” Halloween Block Party will be on Commerce Street this year. The public is invited to take a car, truck, van “or anything that goes” to Commerce Street and decorate tailgates, trunks, hatchbacks, etc.
• The Mineola Historical Museum is hosting “Nightmare at the Museum” from 4-8 p.m.
• “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” will be shown at Peterson Park in Mineola on Halloween at 6:30 and 7 p.m.
• The 24th annual Warehouse of Terror will be open 7:30-11 p.m. Halloween night. The warehouse is located behind Kindness Kottage off Highway 80 and admission is $15. There is a $2 discount for a donation of two canned food items.
• There is a beginners’ yoga class starting Nov. 1 at the Mineola League of the Arts. The class will be taught by local yoga instructor Marsha Fehl and covers the basics of yoga, building strength and stamina from the ground up.