• The Quitman Youth Foundation Wednesday player registration continues today and next week. Sign-ups are being held at the Nutrition Center Building from 6 to 8 p.m.
• On Thursday the Quitman Chapter 695, Order of Eastern Star is holding a beef stew fundraiser at Flora Lodge from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at a cost of $6.
• Also on Thursday, meet the Quitman Bulldogs’ new athletic director, Bryan Oakes, at the Quitman Junior /High School Library from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The public is encouraged to go and meet the new AD.
• The Mineola Memorial Library Book Club will meet on Thursday at 6 p.m. to discuss “The Shack” by Wm P Young. The public is invited to join the club for fellowship as they discuss the book. At the end of the discussion, the next read will be revealed.
• The first of a series of workshops at the Mineola League of the Arts on stitches used in rug hooking will be Thursday at the league building. Contact the art league for further information.
• The annual Quitman powerlifting meet will be Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. at the gym in the high school.
• The Ladies Guild at St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Mineola is hosting an International Food Tasting Saturday starting at 5:30 p.m. Tickets can be bought at the door and are $10 for adults, $5 for children 7-12, 6 and under are free.
• The Golden Sweet Potato Festival annual membership meeting will be held on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Center in Golden.