• The Lake Fork Chapter of the Well Armed Woman will meet tomorrow (March 2) for shooting from 4-5:30 p.m. Contact Peggy York, chapter leader, at 903-473-2185 for details.
• The Quitman Lady Bulldog softball team opens district play at home this Friday against Grand Saline. The game begins at 6 p.m. at the softball field at Dawson Park.
• The Alba-Golden All School Reunion is Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the school cafeteria. A covered dish would be appreciated by those who attend, but not necessary.
• Saturday brings a Seuss celebration at the Alba Library and Museum from 1-2 p.m. Fans of all ages are invited.
• On Sunday the Lake Country Symphonic Band will perform Sousa Palooza at 2 p.m. and then again on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Select Theater in Mineola. The box office will open one hour in advance and doors 30 minutes prior to the performances. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children.
• First United Methodist Church Quitman begins their annual Lenten Community Lunches at the JOY Hall, Tuesday, from 11:45 a.m. until 1 p.m. There will be lunch, music and a short devotional from a local minister. The first lunch on March 7 features Mike Midkoff, pastor of Faith Baptist Church, with music by Becki Wimp and JoAn White. The lunches and devotions will be each Tuesday in March and the final one April 4. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be accepted.
•A presentation dealing with memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease will be held Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the First Christian Church in Mineola and the public is welcome to attend.
• Also on Tuesday the Wood County Beekeepers will meet at the First National Bank Community Room in Winnsboro at 6:30 p.m.