• Today the Mineola School District will host a reception honoring outgoing Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Joe Drennon. It’s from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Administration Building.
• On Thursday the Forever Young Activity Center in Quitman will celebrate eight years of service to Wood County with a come-and-go reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the center at 404 S. Main. For information call 903-763-8201 or visit their website at www.quitmanseniors.org.
• The Quitman FCA baseball tournament will be at Dawson Park Thursday through Saturday. Eight teams will compete and Mineola opens the tournament Thursday at 12:30 p.m. against Big Sandy and Quitman will take on Winona at 5:30 p.m.
• The Mineola Chamber of Commerce Banquet is tomorrow, Thursday, with doors opening at 5 p.m., seating starting at 6 p.m. and dinner at 6:30.
• On Friday Cooperative Teachers Credit Union is hosting a Financial Reality Fair at Mineola High School for high school seniors. It is part of the district’s financial literacy curriculum.
• The Wood County Master Gardeners are hosting their annual Spring Fling Saturday morning at Carroll Green Civic Center. Keith Hansen will be one of the special speakers for this event. Registration is a 7:30 a.m. and Lin Grado, author of East Texas Gardening in the Monitor, will speak at 8:30. For information, see the group’s website.
• Mineola Cub Scout Pack 385 will have a barbecue fundraiser Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church parking lot. The cost for tickets is $8 for a chopped beef sandwich, chips, drink and a cookie.
• First United Methodist Church Quitman is having their annual Lenten Community Lunches at the JOY Hall, Tuesday, from 11:45 a.m. until 1 p.m. There will be lunch, music and a short devotional from a local minister each Tuesday in March and the final one April 4. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be accepted.