• Wood County Child Abuse Prevention and Victim Rights “Candlelight Vigil” will be held this Friday evening from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Governor Jim Hogg City Park in Quitman. April is set aside to recognize child abuse and sexual assault prevention.
• American Legion Post 340 invites everyone to come to a red beans and rice lunch with dessert and coffee or tea Monday April 24 at the legion hall located at 201 W. Broadway in Winnsboro. You can eat-in or take home and the suggested donation is $6 at the door. The time is 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Potts Feed Store is having “Customer Appreciation Day” this Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. to celebrate their 10th anniversary. There will be free hamburgers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and live music from Matt Dunn 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. There will be lots of sales and door prizes and a bean bag toss for kids.
• Faith Baptist Church is having a big church garage sale at the student center (next to Dollar General) Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. The sale will benefit the Faith Student Ministry
• Game Night at Mineola Civic is set for Thursday, April 20 in Meredith Hall that will be open from 6-8 p.m. Whether it’s 42, Dominoes, Mexican Train, Chickenfoot, Checkers or other board games an evening of fun and togetherness is planned. A concession stand will be open.
• How will taxes affect your retirement income? Join us for this free Tax Diversify your retirement Income info session April 21, 2017 6:00-8:00 at the Quitman Public Library.
• On Saturday, April 22 the Junk in the Truck Sale will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone wanting to participate can reserve a parking space for $10. Reservations are requested before 4 p.m. on April 20. Vendor check-in will be from 7:30-8:45 a.m. with the sale starting a 9 a.m. Civic center personnel describe this as a community-wide sale in one central location. There are plans to hold the event on a quarterly basis. For more information contact the Mineola Civic Center at 903-569-6115.