• Today is the deadline to order authentic breakfast burritos from the Mineola Pilot Club. See story inside for more information.
• The Friends of the Arboretum in Quitman plan their fundraising yard sale Saturday at the park.
• Saturday brings the Friends of Lake Holbrook Day at what many folks call the Golden boat launch. Lots of fun is planned. See story in this edition.
• The Mineola Civic Center’s Junk in the Trunk sale is also on Saturday.
• At 4 p.m. Saturday Jaxon Holland is set to present the vests bought from his 31 Vests in 31 Days fundraiser to Wood County officers. The public is invited to the presentation at the Mineola Civic Center.
• The Rock Hill Cemetery Memorial Day service will be Sunday starting at 10:30 a.m. (See story inside)
• Monday brings the Mineola Chamber of Commerce quarterly luncheon at the Mineola Country Club starting at noon. See story.
• Tuesday is the deadline to register for the women’s Bible study to be held at Lake Country Bible Church.
• Constitution Day will be celebrated at Quitman High School this Thursday in the newly renovated Quitman High School auditorium at 9:30 a.m. Honored guest for the program is Frank D. Motsenbocker, retired U.S. Army Medical Laboratory technician. The program is sponsored by the Jim Hogg Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.