• The Mineola League of the Arts Quilt Show will be Friday and Saturday at the art league’s building at 200 West Blair Street. Friday hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will also be a sales room.
• The Quitman Farmer’s Market sponsored by the Quitman Chamber of Commerce is Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Brian Toliver Ford at the three-way stop sign at Highways 37 and 154.
• On Saturday Smith County Master Gardeners will host their annual plant sale at Harvey Hall. Registration is at 8:30 a.m., County Agent Greg Grant will speak on “Year-Round Bulbs” at 9. The sale starts at 11:30.
• Saturday night the Greater Quitman Area Chamber of Commerce will have Moonlight Movies from 7 to 9 p.m. at Jim Hogg City Park. There will be games and prizes prior to the movie.
• Monday brings the next meeting of Mineola’s Caring & Sharing volunteers. The meeting will be at the Broad Street Church of Christ at 6 p.m.
• Lake Country Playhouse will hold auditions Monday and Tuesday at 7 p.m. for “Doublewide, Texas” at the theater. (See story inside)
• There is an Open Bass Tournament at Caddo Cove at Lake Quitman Marina on Sunday. Caddo Cove is located at 1450 CR 1416 and information is available by calling 903-878-7473 or by emailing email@example.com. (See story inside)