• Mineola Boy Scout Troop 385 will benefit from a fundraiser at Pizza Hut today (Wednesday) all day long. Twenty percent of purchases will benefit them with fliers that are presented. There is a $15 minimum subtotal on purchase and it is good on dine-in and carryout orders.
• Friday brings Special Kids Day at the pavilion in downtown Golden. Students and community members volunteer to give special needs children a day full of visits with farm animals, games and rides but it is the volunteers who are on the receiving end.
• Lake Country Playhouse will host the second weekend of the comedy “One Slight Hitch” Friday through Sunday. Friday and Saturday curtain times are 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinee is at 2 p.m.
• On Saturday, the Providence Cemetery Association will gather starting at 10 a.m. at Providence Baptist Church on Farm-to-Market Road 857 off FM 1253. There will be a short meeting, singing, a short service and a meal in the Fellowship Hall.
A Memorial Dedication for a Civil War Veteran, Private Joseph Walker Baughman will be held at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Alba Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. on Highway 182 at CR 1613 in Alba.
• The 16th annual Quitman Animal Clinic Pet Fair is Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. There is no admission and it is free to the public. The clinic is on Highway 154 just east of Quitman High School.
• The annual Box and Pie Supper at Shady Grove Methodist Church is Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. benefitting the care of Shady Grove Cemetery. There will be a drawing for an old-time handmade quilt. For information call Larry Finney at 903-438-3757.
• Quitman Boy Scout Troop 36 is hosting their annual Fish Fry Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m. at First United Methodist Church of Quitman’s Joy Hall. It’s $10 for adults and $5 for children under 10 for catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw, French fries, drink and dessert.
• The Alba-Golden FFA Dinner & Auction will be Saturday at 6 p.m. in the school cafetorium. Auction items will include metal projects, wood projects and home décor and will benefit the chapter and go to scholarships.
• Stagner Baptist Church on FM 14 north of Hawkins is holding a one-day youth revival starting at 6:30 p.m.
• Holly Brook Baptist Church in Hawkins is concluding its shoe driver for the Buckner Children’s Home on Sunday. Contact the church if interested in helping out.
• Tuesday starts the Quitman Pilot Club’s Bicycle Rodeo and Brain Minders events which begin at Quitman Elementary School at 8 a.m. They’ll continue in Alba-Golden and Yantis on Wednesday.