• “Tips for Tots” is set for Monday night at AJ’s Fish House on Highway 17 just south of FM 515 at Lake Fork. There will be “celebrity” waiters, AJ’s famous fish buffet, a bake sale, live auction, a raffle of a Henry Golden Boy rifle and many other surprises. All waiter tips and activity proceeds from the event are used solely to support the foster children of Wood County.
• The Wood County Old Settlers Reunion begins tonight with carnival rides, several different vendors, Bingo and entertainment with Dale “The C” Cummings under the pavilion beginning at 7 p.m. All of the activities under the pavilion are free of charge. Thursday through Saturday there is no charge to enter the carnival.
• The Mineola Kiwanis Club will host a back-to-school free school supplies distribution for Mineola and Alba-Golden ISD students pre-k through fifth-graders at the Mineola Civic Center this Saturday, Aug. 4, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. They will also provide a free dental exam, free eye exam, free head lice check, and a coupon for a free back-to-school haircut. They will be set up right next to the Splash Pad.
• Clover Hill Cemetery Association is meeting Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Clover Hill is located at 1816 FM 69.
• The annual Quitman Lady Bulldog Volleyball Alumni Game is Saturday at 6 p.m. in Delbert Ballard Gym
• Quitman First Baptist Church will be giving away free Blue Jeans and Backpacks Saturday at the church gym from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Yantis Community Movie Night will be in the Family Life Center Gym at Yantis First Baptist Church. The movie is “I Can Only Imagine” August 8 at 6 p.m. And it is a free event.
• U.S. Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) will host a town hall meeting in Mineola to give an update on recent actions taken by the House of Representatives and hear from the residents of Wood County about the issues that are important to them. The discussion will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 8 at 9:30 a.m. at the Mineola City Hall, 300 Greenville Hwy.