• Quitman High School Spanish Club will be sponsoring a collection drive for the Rainbow Room in Quitman. Donations will be accepted until Tuesday, Dec. 18, and will benefit foster children in the Wood County area. You may call 903-763-8045 for information, or contact the Spanish Club sponsor, Mrs. Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The students are collecting new donations of hats, gloves, socks, pajamas, underwear, jackets and coats in sizes from infants to teens. Small blankets, diapers and wet wipes will also be accepted.
• Stinson House will host a holiday open house on Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. featuring delicious holiday treats, live music and plenty of holiday cheer.
• Winnsboro ISD band will present a Christmas dinner and show on Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Winnsboro High School auditorium. Tickets are $10 each.
• Free train rides will be given Saturday at Mineola’s Iron Horse Square. Riders will be welcomed starting at 3:30 p.m. and going to 7:30 p.m.
• Santa will be at the Little Red House behind the Mineola Museum. He will be there from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15.