November is National Bell Pepper Month
Who knew? It’s National Bell Pepper month. This tasty veggie comes in many shapes and sizes and can be used in so many creative ways. Check out these reminders of ways to include them in your meals.
- Use them as a colorful side. Bell peppers are available in green, red, yellow, orange and even purple, making it easy to add color to your plate. If a recipe calls for one color, be adventurous and try another, or several others.
- Stuff ’em. Make your own mixture of beans, brown rice, vegetables, and seasoning, then stuff your bell peppers to the hilt. Bake and enjoy.
- Dice & toss. Dice any color bell pepper and toss it on a pizza before baking, into pasta sauce as it cooks or into an omelette before you fold it.
- Sizzle. Toss a bell pepper in the skillet or wok the next time you crave a stir-fried meal.
- Add texture to almost any dish. Bell peppers are a simple addition to main dishes and casseroles. Try them in pasta dishes, soups or stews.
- Stack & wrap. For extra crunch, color, flavor and nutrition, stack slices of any color bell pepper on wraps and sandwiches.
- An even better chili. Bell peppers are an important ingredient in many prize-winning chili recipes. Add some to yours and see what you think.
- Grill ’em. Bell peppers taste great right off the grill. Just brush with olive oil and sprinkle with our favorite seasoning.
- Slice & enjoy. Bell peppers make a tasty addition to salads, fresh veggie trays and are delicious with many kinds of dip.